Location: Atlanta, GA
Allison-Smith is starting a new business unit and seeking a uniquely qualified engineer with both the technical acumen and people skills necessary to work collaboratively with visionary owner-engineers (our clients).
The Applications Engineer will work with Allison-Smith’s in-house engineering department, supporting sub-consultants, Allison-Smith’s estimating department, and equipment suppliers to custom design modules to our client’s applications.
Our work is heavily focused on our Fortune 100 clients and ranges from prototyped and repeated applications to very large installations and will include nationwide deployments.
This business unit is being built upon strong market demand and success in our prefabrication business division. We are in the process of expanding our manufacturing facility and investing heavily in related infrastructure to bring these products to market.
This is an excellent growth opportunity for the right candidate; on the ground floor of starting a new business within a very successful long-standing company.
- The candidate will be responsible for all phases of technical client account development and management, including constructability analysis, design review estimating, scheduling, value engineering, site logistics review, fabrication planning, and purchasing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Electrical engineering degree & design experience
- PE preferred but will sponsor the right candidate
- Software competency required
- Strong business acumen in project design, management, financials, and negotiation
- Excellent customer service and effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Client Relations
- Intermittent National Travel
Essential Skills / Requirements
- Drug test
- Background Check
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits (medical, life insurance, dental, and vision; onsite fitness center and wellness program).