Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Pay Range: $135k-$180k based on experience with the opportunity for bonus.
Job Location: Smyrna, GA
Employment Status: Full Time
Office Building: 1869 S. Cobb Industrial Blvd.
- Drug test
- Background Check
Workplace Type: Onsite
Allison-Smith Company is a premiere electrical contracting, engineering, and technology firm and we have been in business since 1943.
Our headquarters is in Atlanta, Georgia and much of our work historically have been in the Southeastern United States.
Projects range from $100 to $200M in many different submarkets of commercial and industrial work.
Our Purpose. “We build problem solvers.”
Our Core Values. Care, Leadership, Success
We are a company of high performing problem solvers. If you consider yourself a problem-solver, team player, strong organizer, strategic thinker with excellent communication skills, and a great attitude where it is infectious, we would like to meet you!
If you are full of energy, hard-working, easy-going, innovative, and have a desire to be an integral part of our professional team, keep reading!
We are actively seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Engineering to spearhead our engineering department and lead a talented team of engineers specializing in electrical design for mission-critical projects, commercial buildings, and industrial facilities. As the Director of Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our projects, ensuring engineering excellence, and fostering innovation within our organization.
- BSEE minimum preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- For an outstanding candidate we will support your ability to obtain a license in 1-2 years.
- 5 years minimum experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of engineers dedicated to electrical design across various project types, maintaining high standards of quality and efficiency.
- Oversee arc flash coordination and short circuit studies, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and industry standards.
- Independently manage Neher-McGrath studies for heat dissipation and duct banks, ensuring optimal system performance and reliability.
- Provide support for modular designs and integrations with other engineering disciplines to enhance overall project effectiveness.
- Collaborate closely with the BIM team, facilitating efficient design workflows, addressing design and code-related issues, and enhancing project efficiency.
- Contribute to project planning, risk management, and decision-making processes, ensuring successful project execution and timely delivery.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and knowledge sharing within the engineering department.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align engineering efforts with broader company goals and initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- In-depth industry knowledge and experience in electrical design for mission-critical projects, commercial buildings, and industrial facilities.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, execution, and monitoring of engineering projects.
- Budgeting and financial management acumen to ensure projects are executed within budget constraints.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interact with internal teams, clients, and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership qualities with a proven track record of leading and mentoring engineering teams.
- Proficient problem-solving skills, with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including salary, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth within a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Paid Medical, Disabilities, and Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Dental, Life, Vision, and EAP
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Health and Wellness Program
- 401k Retirement & Profit Sharing + Financial Advisory Services
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Paid Training and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
Allison-Smith Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.